I use a variety of web browsers at work but I prefer to use Vivaldi and Chrome whenever I can. Recently, I found myself with three new computers to personalise for work and the home. This seemed like an excellent opportunity to review all of my existing Chrome extensions and find replacements.
My list of essential extensions hadn’t been updated in a while, some had been updated with malware and others didn’t quite work the way I remember. This is a list of my essential everyday Chrome (and Vivaldi) Extensions.
– Sometimes you just need to keep a session alive
– Every developer hates testing large forms, this extension is the bomb-diggidy
– A good replacement for HOST and localised DNS entries
– A nice straight-forward cookie editor
Flash Video Downloader
– I don’t use this a lot but it is occasionally very useful
GetThemAll Video Downloader
– Again, I don’t use this a lot but it is excellent
– Sometimes, I need to encode, decode, escape and un-escape everything!
I’m a Gentleman
– ‘cos right-click-save-image is for people with too much time
IP Address and Domain Information
– For creepin’ on websites
Nimbus Screenshot and Screencast
– Super simple but powerful screen-shooter
Sky Live Http Headers
– A developer’s best friend
– A developer’s second best friend
YouTweak for YouTube™ – Subscription Manager
– For all the features that YouTube has changed or refuses to add